Saturday, September 11, 2010

The Bandstand: February 2006

A three-way tie is the result of our question, "Would you attend a Big Band Reunion if the band were on film, not in person?" One-third of respondents were positive, one-third were negative and one-third couldn't decide. Here are some examples:

"Although I would prefer the traditional program with a live band, I think the idea of a film festival featuring big band shorts and excerpts from movies has a lot of merit." R.S., Upland, Calif.

"My wife and I would probably beg off ... we can watch videos at home." J.L., Glendale, Calif.

"I have mixed thoughts about the big band movies." R.C., Beverly Hills

Under the circumstances, I think we'll continue working to put together another full-fledged Big Band Reunion. But this was a worthwhile discussion and we thank you for participating.

*************